Well, we're here! Worlds away from home in more ways than one. I'm a small-town, southern girl accustomed to a familiar "Hey, y'all!" every now and then, an occasional 70 degree day in winter, and ice in my tea. Now, here we are in big-city, northeast China where greetings are warm, but absent the drawl. The snow mounds are 3 feet high and apparently not planning to melt by morning. Tea is abundant, but there's no ice and it's certainly not sweet. To top it off, we're staying right in heart of this city of 8 million people. The street below our hotel window is bustling with honking cars and hustling pedestrians. The view of the night skyline is breathtaking for a small-town girl like me. I would think we were in an American city were it not for the brightly lit Chinese characters at the top of the buildings. It's like a work of art.
It truly seems like yesterday when Farell asked me what I thought about making an international move. That was last spring. By September, it was a done deal, and these last four months have been a whirlwind. One thing, however, that has remained a constant theme throughout our journey is God's perfect timing. He has known what we've needed much better than we have. I'm learning to release control and acknowledge His sovereignty. There will be many new experiences for us over the next few years, but after a wonderful conversation with our creator and right-on-time sermon by our pastor this Sunday, I pledge to greet them without anxiety and simply appreciate the journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment